- The admission calendar for 2018/2019 academic session starts on 1st April, 2018 at the Admission Office.
- Pupils could be admitted all through the school year.
Academic Placement Test, set by the school, is required for learners entering classes 2 to 8. The latter comprises two tests in language (Russian or Romanian) and Mathematics for the previous completed class of studies. The minimum pass mark for admission is 7, 00 in each test – the language and in Mathematics. If an applicant does not meet the minimum requirement in academics, admission may be declined. The Placement Test is taken before Provisional Admission is offered.
All applicants are to provide copies of their recent academic records before the placement test.
English Language Assessment
A reasonable proficiency in English is required. Heritage has adopted the widely acceptable and detailed World-class Instructional Design and Assessment Model (WIDA) which assesses the learner’s specific skills in listening, reading, writing and speaking.
Students will be assessed to determine their language comprehension and proficiency level if English is not their first language. The minimum entry score at WIDA entry test is not less than 3 in Speaking & Listening and in Reading, and not less than 2.5 in Writing for learners who have learnt English previously.
Students who come from a different language background with no English will not be denied admission and will receive language development support through the Intensive English Unit until their proficiency level will meet the expectations of the programme. Such learners will take a placement test in Mathematics only.
Entry to Class 1
Applicants should provide Report on physical, socio-emotional, cognitive, language and communication development as well as development of learning capacities and attitudes at the end of the kindergarten prep course (for children attending the preparatory pre-school education institutions). There is an entrance test. After the WIDA test the learner can be offered admission. The Administration of Heritage will take into consideration the results of testing when deciding on enrolment. An interview with the Vice-Director or Director of the School is scheduled.
Admission is offered to the English-only pathway to some learners in Heritage. Such learners follow the Cambridge Primary and Cambridge Lower Secondary pathways. These learners will take the Cambridge Primary Checkpoint and Secondary School 1 Checkpoint exams, which are mandatory. The requirements for the English-only pathway are as follows:
- Learner is a citizen of another country (dual or foreign citizenship)
- Learner does not communicate in Romanian or Russian at home
- Parents waive their child’s participation in the national exams in Class 4, Class 9 and BAC in Class 12 (NOTE: this waiver is irreversible)
- Average of WIDA test is required of not less than 4,00 (when learner comes without English background, the exam is excluded)
- The average score of the academic test (Mathematics) is not less than 6,5
Once the Registration Fee (non–refundable, one-time payment for a single admission) payment confirmation and the completed and signed Application Form A (B) have been received, Heritage International School will confirm the pupil's provisional admission in writing via e-mail or a call.
- List of Required documents for Admission:
- A report on the physical, emotional and cognitive development, the manner of communication, the development of learning abilities, compiled at the time of the completion of the preparatory group (for children who attended kindergarten) or the positive reference of the municipal or district commission (for children applying to class 1)
- Original documents from previous school(s) (for children applying to class 2- 8)
- Medical card, issued before the day of application (Direction-extract, Form nr.027/e, approved by MH RM No. 828 at 31.10.2011)- (for children applying to class 1)
- Child's Medical Card –original (for children applying to class 2- 8)
- Child’s Immunization Card (for foreign children); when such is not available, kindly fill in *Form B
- Medical insurance (for foreign pupils)
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate/Passport of Child
- Photocopy of ID document of each parent
- A copy of each parent’s Entry Visa stamp on Passport (for foreign pupils)
- Bank Teller of Payment
- Photo (3x4) two (2) pieces of the child and one (1) piece of each parent
- Admission Form A
- In cases of special learning needs, a medical report by the relevant agencies is required
Full admission will be offered only after the academic Placement Test has been successful (a minimum of average of 7,00) and school fees have been paid (according to the Contract).
Heritage International School reserves the right to review the Admission procedures from time to time.
- Tuition Fees and Due Dates
1st instalment -50% of annual tuition is due 31.08. 2018
2nd instalment -50% of annual tuition is due 25.12.2018
Tier 1 fees will be charged to pupils who are citizens of Republic of Moldova and/or their families are permanent residents of Republic of Moldova.
Tier 2 fees will be charged to pupils who are dependents of foreign nationals or temporary residents of Republic of Moldova.
School Tuition for Tier 1
|1st instalment Tier 1||2nd instalment
|250 Euro||5,750 Euro||2,875 Euro||2,875 Euro|
School Tuition for Tier 2
|Annual Tuition Tier 2||1st instalment Tier 2||2nd instalment
|450 Euro||10,000 Euro||5,000 Euro||5,000 Euro|
• Registration fees should be paid according to the Preliminary Agreement.
• Tuition and fee payments must be made on time.
• The family discount for second child of 10% and third child of 15% is applicable.
• Discount of 4% is offered when paying for the whole session.