The first school in Moldova has obtained the status of “Cambridge School”
Now Heritage not only teaches learners in line with the Cambridge curriculum, but also becomes an assessment center, where learners can take the official tests and get their Cambridge qualifications, which open doors to the world’s best universities in the US, the UK, Australia, Canada and beyond.
What is Cambridge Assessment International Education?
Cambridge Assessment International Education is part of the world renowned University of Cambridge. The non-profit has a 150-year history of providing international exams, being the only exam board wholly owned by a world-leading university. Its programmes help students develop thinking and learning skills – ready to tackle the demands of tomorrow’s world, capable of shaping a better world for the future.
How did Heritage become a Cambridge School?
Cambridge Assessment International Education assessed Heritage and established that it meets the registration quality standards in the following five key areas:
• mission and educational values
• educational management and leadership
• approach to teaching and learning
• the way in which the physical environment supports teaching and learning and meets the requirements for the secure administration of examinations
• legal requirements.
Benefits for Heritage learners of studying in a Cambridge School:
- Heritage International School from Moldova became part of the global network of over 10000 schools in over 160 countries around the world offering Cambridge qualifications.
- Registered schools gain access to a unique range of teaching and learning resources, professional development opportunities, a world-class curriculum and wide range of qualifications for learners.
- Cambridge programmes are flexible and support schools in developing a curriculum that suits their context, local culture, and that they can tailor to their students’ needs.
- Students learn in English, and the assessment is accessible to speakers of English as a second language, in various subjects. The assessment takes place by the end of primary school, by the end of gymnasium and by the end of lyceum levels.
- Cambridge prepares students for the future by developing the attributes of the Cambridge Learner – confident, responsible, reflective, innovative and engaged.
- The Cambridge curriculum offers an unrivalled range of subjects (over 70 at International General Certificate of Secondary Education or IGCSE level and over 50 at Advanced or A Level) and lets every student choose the ones they prefer and they’re best at.
- Cambridge qualifications are recognized and valued by universities around the world, as qualifications that prepare and equip students with the skills they need to succeed both at university and beyond.
- Cambridge works with leading universities to constantly revise and update the qualifications – getting expert advice to make sure that the curriculum continues to develop the skills universities require.
- Cambridge offers first-class professional development for teachers – more than 1000 training events a year provide thousands of teachers from across the globe with the skills and knowledge they need to help their students succeed.
- Cambridge schools belong to a worldwide education community, which connects teachers around the world so that they can share views, information and resources, and learn from one another.